- Problem #1 - The original Sagebrush simulation showed a slight under-prediction for the highest concentrations, those on the arc located nearest to the source. Is this related to one of the model configuration options?
- Hint -
The plume near the source is much narrower than the width of the concentration grid cell. Edit and run the batch file conc_local.bat.
- Solution - Scatter Diagram and Statistical Results.
- Problem #2 - Recompute problem #1, but this time, in addition, reduce the vertical depth of the concentration grid from 25 to 10 m.
- Hint - Edit and run the batch file conc_local.bat.
- Solution - Scatter Diagram and Statistical Results. In this example the performance statistics are unchanged because the lowest 100 m are relatively well mixed and therefore variations in the concentration layer depth have little effect.